Welcome to Kismet Property Management, LLC. We hope you find just the right home to rent in our up-to-date listing of available properties. If you find a place that interests you, we encourage you to drive by first, then give us a call to set up an appointment to view the interior at (901) 272-8659. Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday by appointment only.
At Kismet, we strive to make your rental experience with us pleasant and stress-free. Our properties are held to the highest standards, and we respond promptly to any maintenance requests. We also offer the option of online rental payments for your convenience.
Before you begin your search, we think the following information on our policies and procedures will be helpful:
- If there is more than one tenant, each roommate must qualify for the unit individually, meaning each tenant must earn three (3) times the amount of rent per month. There is a limit of two people per bedroom.
- We collect a $35.00 application fee per adult (any one 18 years and older) who will be living in a rental unit or home.
- Our screening procedure includes employment, income, credit check, criminal background, sex offender registry, and landlord references.
- It may require up to two (2) business days to process your application. The approval/finance committee makes the final decision concerning applicant acceptance.
We will automatically disqualify any applicant who:
- Owes money to a previous or current landlord for any reason.
- Is in the process of declaring bankruptcy.
- Has declared bankruptcy in the past three (3) years and has incurred more debt.
- Receives a poor reference from a previous landlord.
- Has ever been convicted of a felony, arson, or a sex offense.
If an applicant has poor credit, but good landlord reference, the approval committee may require:
- A larger security deposit, usually 1.5-2 times the stated deposit
- A Tennessee property owner to co-sign the lease
Once an application is approved, we will contact you within three (3) days to set up an appointment for you to sign the lease. The security deposit and first month’s rent is due in full at the time of the lease signing. You may pick up the keys at this appointment, or up to seven days later, without incurring additional fees or loss of security money. Kismet will pro-rate the rent from the date the lease is signed.
Rent is due on the first of each month. Rent is late at midnight on the 5th business day of each month, no exceptions. A 10% late fee incurs at 12:01 am on the 6th business day of the month.